It's been a little while since I blogged. The 3 people who read this blog probably know it is because I was recently laid off from my job. Now it makes sense that I would blog more since I would have more time on my hands, but it doesn't really work that way. I felt like something needed to be said about it, but I wasn't ready to say anything yet. I think I'm ready now. The worst part about being laid off from your job is telling people you got laid off from your job. Not because I'm embarrased that I lost my job, it wasn't my fault, it was some ambiguous group of people who apparently can't budget (I could go on about this, but I'm still waiting for my severance pay). The worst part is telling people because they don't know what to say and they feel like they have to say something. All you have to say is "I'm sorry to hear that" or "that's too bad" or "that sucks". But I have heard way too many "it's probably a good thing in the long run" or "now you have more time to spend with your son". How do you know it will be a good thing in the long run? Maybe it is the beginning of the end (no melodramatics here). Also, aparently no one has any idea how hard it is to get an infant into daycare because if I were to take him out while I'm looking for a job, I'd have to wait 6 months to get him back in. Plus has anyone ever tried looking for a job with a 5 month old at your feet? And they sort of look at you funny when you bring a baby to an interview.
Also, having to tell people you lost your job is kind of a downer and often a conversation killer. But you're supposed to tell everyone you know in case someone knows someone who knows someone who is looking for someone just like you! So I don't want this blog to be a downer because to be honest, I didn't like my job all that much anyway. I mean I liked what I did but, some office politics are worse than others. And I've had some interviews, so things are looking promising. So please, if you have friends that have been laid off, remember my post. We are still fun people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Office politics is putting it lightly. I'm still keeping my eyes and ears peeled for you girl!
Post a Comment