Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yeah Spring!!

The forecast all week was that it was going to be rainy and storming all weekend. So, after playing on the soggy playground on Saturday morning, we were really excited to see the sun in the afternoon.

We took the "L" to Chinatown for the afternoon. Elijah loves to ride the train. We walked around and saw lots of fun stuff, including live eels, lots of things with dragons on them and we had some smoothies with boba (that's tapioca - which sounds gross but is actually awesome). Elijah got a school bus at one of the stores, very Asian. When I put him to bed that night he said "I pway 'chool bus". That was $4 well-spent.

Sunday was hot and sunny. We planned to go to the zoo but the bus was rerouted for some marathon downtown and we ended up checking it out. We went for a walk by the river, which Elijah still recalls had the "green water" from St. Patty's day. We walked down Michigan Ave. and then, then we went to Baskin Robins. Elijah and Micah "shared" some cinnamin "red hot" ice cream that was bright red. I tried to share my peanut butter cup ice cream but Elijah just wanted "red i'e cream". I'm pretty sure he ate as much, if not more than Micah. After ice cream we went to the Lego store which had tables of legos for Elijah to play with and crazy huge displays made out of legos. Lots of excitement wore our little guy out and he fell asleep on the "l" on the way home.

It was great to be outside and enjoy the sunshine and warm weather. It's not quite as warm today, but hopefully more days like those are on the horizon. I wish I had thought to take the camera with us, but oh well.

No comments: