CAUTION: read at your own risk, it may contain TMI (you'll know after the first sentence)
Since giving birth, I have one boob that is significantly larger than the other. I know this is partially my own doing because I am only nursing from one breast. One breast? Yeah, basically, for certain anatomical reasons, my son was having a hard time "latching on" to my right breast and therefore was sucking less and therefore I was producing less milk on that side. This caused me to have to nurse on that side, then the other side, then he got a bottle and then I pumped both sides. Once my husband went back to work and I didn't have help with the feeds (he would feed the baby the bottle after I nursed), I got too exhausted and I didn't feel like baby was getting much out of it ,except frustration. I thought, "why am I trying so hard to make him nurse on that side, what is the point?" So the boob shrunk and in times when the other boob is full, there is a very definate difference in size.
This situation is accented if I am wearing a shirt that is not a maternity shirt because it is nice and snug around my chest region. Yeah, I am still wearing maternity clothes for the most part because, although I only have 7 pounds left to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, it is all centered in my stomach and hip area which makes me unable to pull regular pants up and my shirts too short and expose my maternity pants. And so I'm here, trying to decide if my body is going to change back enough for me to ever fit in these clothes again or if I should just give them all to Goodwill and go get some new clothes in bigger sizes. But then I have to buy bigger sizes...scary.
Of course, the adorable little bugger is all worth it as you can see from his pictures (he is cuter in person than in his pictures). But if anyone had any illusions that motherhood was beautiful...
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahh yes, the larger boob issue. I had it too... Dave swears that he couldn't tell... I think he was just so amazed at the size that he didn't care. They have leveled out a bit, but then again, I'm forcing her to eat a little more on that side and I'm pumping extra from it as well (now that I've gone back to work) to increase production from that one and lessening the other...
You body will return somewhat... but it will NEVER be the same. My favorite part is the swinging pouch that most of us get when you're on your hands and knees... :)
Post a Comment